6.18.2014

There's Another Lutjen Out There

Congratulations to my brother and sister-in-law who had a beautiful baby on Monday.  I can't wait to meet Nico, and to give his big brother Luca a squeeze, too.  I miss my family a lot.  The distance between us is tough.





So, in my usual form, I've been fussing with the apartment a bunch.  Moving plants around, angling furniture in different ways, getting rid of a few things.  Still trying to figure out to do with the nook right above where my work table used to be.  Poking at stuff in our physical space while I figure out things in my head.

15 comments:

Cheryl Arkison said...

I love your place so much... One day we will drink wine there together again. And i was thinking of you a few weeks ago when I went futzing about the house. I ended up switching our living room and dining rooms. We love it, but it will be a problem in the winter as there is no lighting in the now dining room.

Mom said...

We all miss you and Barry too, terribly! Love always, Mom

Whitney Cordell said...

Where can I find that amazing blue rug? I have been searching for something eye popping for the my living room. Any suggestions on online rug shops?

Karlijn said...

I also LOVE the rug. Where did you get it?

Anonymous said...

Yes, where did you get the rug? Love it!!

ellenmoshier@gmail.com said...

I want to know about that rug too!

sulu-design said...

Overstock.com - search for "kilim."

Karlijn said...

Can't find it :-( 1,276 results!

aimee katsma said...

I want that rug too and can't find it :( anything more specific that you "searched"?

sulu-design said...

Sorry, rug searchers. We got the rug over four years ago.

Christeen said...

Love the bright, modern simplicity of this! Where are your chairs from?

Thanks

sulu-design said...

Hi, Christeen. The chairs are all vintage Bertoia. The two side chairs are from a flea market in NYC, the two diamond chairs are from a yard sale in Portland.

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful rug. I ran into a similar one on etsy if anyone still in search for one. Check it out.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/216070124/red-blue-green-turkish-kilim-rug-antique?ref=shop_home_active_13

Anonymous said...

Great Apartment. I'd love to know about the sofa. Can you tell me where you got it? Thanks.

sulu-design said...

Thanks - the sofa is from Room and Board.