8.14.2013

Where His Other Leg Went?

That's my favorite line from our trip to Cleveland, spoken by my soon-to-be-three-year-old nephew, Luca.  It wasn't in reference to the guy sitting on a sculpture outside the Cleveland Museum of Art (above), but it was in reference to a modern sculpture inside the museum of a very realistic single leg sticking straight out of a wall (I've forgotten the artist and title of the work).

We had a great visit with my family.  We got in our fair share of deer viewing in my parents' yard.  We Bananagrammed our hearts out at my sister's place where we were treated to delicious fish and steak tacos and lots of great Great Lakes Brewing beer.  We explored a bit of Ohio City, catching a Todd Hido show at the Transformer Station.  And my mother passed on a trick that my brother taught her that my obsessive compulsive side just loves: when loading the utensil basket in the dishwasher, load like utensils in the same basket sections so that when you unload them, the spoons are with the spoons, the forks are with the forks, etc.  Imagine how much sorting time you can save when putting the clean utensils away! Genius!

3 comments:

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

I wish I could have been there. I love Bananagrams and Great Lakes Brewing beer. And Lutjens!

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I'm trying to teach my boyfriend the same dish washing loading time saver, which was passed down to me from my once-removed OCD mother (her mother was diagnostic).

Mom said...

It was such a great visit and I miss you and Barry so much! Thank you for all your help in the kitchen and the delicious salad you made with all those wonderful healthy ingredients.

Have a safe hiking trip as you celebrate your 12th wedding anniversary. It's too late for me to send you the article that's in today's local paper - "What to do if you see a bear" but you know that I will be clipping it and sending it on!

Am looking forward to getting a facial and have received so many compliments on my necklace and earrings! As I wrote you they are already a favorite because they go with everything and you know me that's right up my alley.

Have 2 more pictures to take on my camera so as soon as the roll is finished will get them developed!

Love you, miss you, stay safe, Mom