8.03.2013

Homeward Bound

Cleveland, here we come!  And not a moment too soon.  I was in a sporting goods shop the other day and saw a man - a man who bore a striking resemblance to my father - sitting alone on a bench, waiting for whomever he was with to finish up their shopping.  Seeing him all alone there, being all alone myself, and suddenly feeling struck by the fact that it's been way too long since I've seen my family, I started crying.  Not big-fat-tears-rolling-down-my-cheeks-while-I-suck-in-my-lower-lip kind of crying, but crying nonetheless.  I miss my family bad.  But that's all about to change.

The plants are watered, we've finished up the milk in the fridge (always a goal of mine before we take off for a trip), and we're on our way to Cleveland.  There will be swimming and kayaking and laughing and grilling and birthday celebrating and maybe a preseason push-up competition (to be followed by the official Christmas push-up competition later this year).  I'll be back here in a week.  The sulu-design etsy shop will reopen then, too.  I hope your upcoming week is as good as I anticipate ours will be.

2 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Enjoy!

And I totally understand how you feel. My boyfriend is talking a lot about a trip to see my parents because he's never been to LA, which is making my mom start planning for us to visit & now I'm starting to get excited. Now to plan a trip.

Oh, boy. Enjoy!

Mariss said...

Oh, Suzy! What a rush of emotions - I'm so glad you'll be home soon! Have a wonderful time with your family. I'm smiling thinking of how adorable your mom and dad are and how much I love seeing their comments on your blog. xo, Mariss