4.21.2013

Busy in the Kitchen... the Grey Kitchen

For some reason, I've been waking up a little earlier than usual for a week or so now.  Having extra time before work in the morning has been awesome.  I've been spending most of it in the kitchen.  One morning, I made that coffee cake again, this time using this vanilla extract instead of the almond extract that the recipe calls for.  I liked the vanilla version a lot better.  Barry prefers the original recipe.  More for me this time!

I also decided to paint the kitchen this week, using one of those extra hours in the morning to apply a second coat of paint before I headed off to work.  I love the difference a little grey (leftover from the bathroom paint project) has made.  I'd been thinking about doing something like this since we moved into this place, but a recent post by Anna at Door Sixteen gave me the push I needed to do it.  Some before and after shots:






And for context:
Yep, our place is small.  That's our bed, just beyond the kitchen counter.  I cannot tell you how happy it makes me that I can stumble out of bed in the morning, take a few steps, and end up at the coffee maker without any stairs, doors, or other obstacles getting in my way.

Next up: the first thing I made in our newly grey kitchen.

2 comments:

Stephanie Fazio (aka lealou) said...

Love the grey! Our kitchen is a similar grey. I remember in our old house we could see the clock on the stove from our bed... gotta love small homes!

Connie said...

love the color. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of your kitchen before!