9.17.2012

When the Cat's Away

Barry had a fun work excursion this weekend,
so I had two days to myself.

I love a solo weekend every now and then.
I filled this one with lots of goodness including:

A stroll downtown in the most gorgeous weather
making a stop at Flora where I always drool over
earrings and necklaces by Demimonde.

Paring down items on our kitchen counter
in anticipation of the arrival of a new coffee maker.
Barry would be confused if he came home and
found the apartment exactly as he'd left it.
At least I didn't move furniture this time.

Sorting through my bead collection,
trading some old ones in for new ones.


An hour or so at Moonshine
with a new-to-me beer and a good book.

Hours upon hours upon hours of jewelry-making.
I cannot wait to share new earrings and necklaces with you.

A jewelry-making soundtrack full of music
that I might not admit to listening to if you ask me about it later
(Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, Alicia Keys, Beyonce...).
Go ahead and judge me.  I might if I were you.

Staying up 'til 1 a.m. reading.

An errand-running bike ride capped off with a stop at the park
to lay in the grass on day two of gorgeous weather.

Roast beef on toasted rye with cheddar,
horseradish, salt, and ketchup.
Dinner on Sunday.  Lunch on Monday.  Dinner on Monday.

A couple intense workouts
that had me sweatier than I think I've ever been.

Barry's due home in an hour.
And we're back to work tomorrow.
I'm already day-dreaming about next weekend.

3 comments:

LeeAnn said...

My husband is going away the first weekend in Oct. I've already started my list of projects to do while he is gone. :)

AbbieBabble said...

That sounds like an amazing weekend. A beer and a book? Really, what could be better?

Cheryl Arkison said...

Sigh...
And I'm totally not judging you for your music selection, if you promise not to judge my love of the 70s channels.