8.15.2012

Unintentional Splurge














I went to one of my favorite Portland bead shops the day I got back into town.  I got excited by several strands of beads that were a little more expensive than what I usually buy for sulu-design jewelry making (that my pieces are one-of-a-kind, handmade, and affordable has always been important to me).  There was rich lapis lazuli, deep labradorite, sparkly iolite... yes, yes, and yes.  I decided to splurge and to make some pieces that will cost a little more than my other designs but that will still be reasonably priced.

On my drive home from the bead shop, I was involved in a hit and run accident (I did neither the hitting nor the running).  I'm fine.  The car runs, although it looks like it has a black eye. With the insurance deductible factored in, the trip to the bead shop ended up being much more of a splurge than I'd imagined.  I'm still psyched I got those beads.

I plan on eventually taking some of the necklaces above to the Portland boutiques that carry sulu-design, but I've had a few inquiries about sulu-design necklaces being available for sale on-line.  I may list a few in my etsy shop, but before I do so I'd be happy to make the pieces above available to blog readers.  If you're interested in any of them, e-mail me at sulu-design@hotmail.com and I'll send additional photos, details, and prices.  They range from $38 - $58 (not so bad, right?).

Drive safely, friends.

6 comments:

marissahuber.com said...

Oh no! I'm glad you're okay! Poor Suzy and poor car.

The necklaces are gorgeous. I wish I could buy them all.

marissahuber.com said...

P.S. I love #5 photo The gold with the blue. And the last photo. Want to email me prices?! marissahuber@gmail.com

beki said...

oh wow, those are gorgeous!
too bad about the car, that sucks.

Cheryl Arkison said...

Definitely interested! (You knew I would!) I love the top one and #7 and #12. All are gorgeous.

Glad to hear you are okay. Accidents are beyond frustrating more than anything.

holly said...

I am so glad I talked to you before reading this. Glad you are ok after your hit and run. Still can't believe that guy!! Jerk.
Hope you guys enjoy the rest of your summer. We miss you... tons.

Denise said...

Cute necklace.I really like the concept.I desire to have it and put it on my collection.

big hoops earrings