7.27.2012

Summer Tradition: Timothy Lake






For a few years now (2009, 2010, 2011...), we've been going to the Hoodview Campground at Timothy Lake for summer weekend car camping getaways.  We've had amazing experiences there (sharing it with my sister's clan was one of my favorites).  When we went this past weekend, we had a good time.  But something felt different from the trips we'd taken there in the past.  This time it was a little more crowded, a little less peaceful.  The camping trip we took to a different campground a couple weeks ago felt the same.  I think I need to graduate to backpacking camping trips so we can get out into the wilderness the next time we camp.  I'm trying to figure out how much food and beer I can comfortably hike with in my pack.  Backpacking might require a shift in my camping priorities.

2 comments:

Mike Nettleton said...

The beer of choice for backpacking is whiskey. Or, knowing you and Barry, bourbon.

Maryanne said...

Camping at Timothy Lake with you guys was one of the best parts of our vacation! And those Oregon state microbrews were pretty darn good... I vote for dealing with the crowds and drinking the beer.