2.02.2012

Go There: Lowell

In an on-going attempt to spiff up our place, Barry and I have been on the lookout for some end tables for our sofa. Not a hunt, just a lookout. While Barry and I were out the other evening, finally trying the lamb burger at Mint/820 that we've heard so much about, we thought we'd spotted the perfect tables in a new-to-us shop across the street that was closed for the night. (As an aside, after splitting one lamb and one beef burger, Barry and I declare beef the winner.) Anyhow, we ventured back to Russel Street during the shop's open hours. Turns out the tables weren't right for us, but the shop is a sweet little gem of lovely curiosities with a cute little cafe tucked in the back. You ought to visit Lowell at 819 N. Russell. Actually, you ought to visit this blog post about the shop first, as the photos there are far better than mine. And then go out and see the real thing.









(the stacking tables that started it all)

4 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Cute store. I don't think I could pull off their ingenious shelving unit in my own home, but I love it! You should see the vintage brass and hand blown green glass lamp I found at a consignment store this week. I need to pick up a shade and a re-wire kit and I'll be good to go! I should blog sometimes soon too. :/

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I love that rug under the table! I finally curbed the ugly Big Lots rug that was used for staging/ covering up the gash in the linoleum in the kitchen. Took it out to the curb at lunch, came home after work & it was g-o-n-e! Like I always say, a beautiful system. With some switching around (I seem to be doing a lot of that here lately) I am now on the look out for a small rug for the living room. When I too away the other rug Monk gave me a look that said "what are you doing? I like to roll around and scratch my back on that thing!" Then he has to sniff everything I've moved even though it's not new to the house.

traci said...

so insane. i JUST today drove past this place while running an errand at lunch and was all, "OOOOOOOHHH, What IS that shop?!" Can't wait to check it out!

Artsy Momma said...

I'm in love with the brick/concrete decorative blocks! Now to keep in my memory for when the house doesn't have to be toddler proof!!