1.12.2012

Diversion Three: The Books

The Multnomah County Library System is one of my best friends. Recently, I've been borrowing the Best American Short Stories from the Best American Series. I'm usually a reader of novels, but I've been enjoying the pace of short-story reading recently. I can pick up the book while I've got dinner in the oven, or when I get home from work before Barry, or while I linger in bed in the morning, and read an entire story. I'd often spend little moments like these at the computer, but the books have been far more cozy and satisfying than the keyboard recently.

Have you got any books to recommend? I'll have another tomorrow...

2 comments:

marissahuber.com said...

I love the library too! Nothing beats a pile of books on the way home vying for first dibs on getting opened.

I had a version of that book from years ago, but am definitely more of a novel girl and non-fiction gal myself these days.

Recently read and LOVED:
Think by Lisa Bloom
The Glass Castle by Jeannine Walls

Just plain loved (even though written in short letters back and forth which usually annoys me):
Guernsey Potato Peel Literary Society

Glad I read it but not my favorite book ever:
Life of Pi
Sarah's Key

Hope the winter slumps fly away and you're enjoying the new year.

xo, Mariss

traci said...

A Field Guide to Getting Lost. by Rebecca Solnit. Best book I've read in 10 years.