1.07.2012

Diversion One: Technology

One of the things that's kept me from getting new jewelry in the sulu-design shop and from posting regularly on the blog is a new computer (goodbye eMac, hello 2012!). I'm psyched that we got it - the idea of being able to FaceTime with our families thrills me (you computer-savvy people do use FaceTime as a noun and a verb, right?). But I don't take easily to new things, particularly new technological things. I'm crazy intimidated by some new photo-editing software Barry got. I feel like I'm never going to get comfortable with it. It's taken me hours to upload and edit the photos I took of a few earrings and necklaces along with the shots that I took on New Year's Day. It would have taken me a half hour with the old program. I know I'll get used to our new program, I know I'll get used to a new mouse that has me scrolling all over the freaking computer screen when I don't mean to at all, and I know I'll get used to not having a delete key that moves the cursor forward, but right now I feel like a helpless moron. So.

Instead of doing a shop update, I stopped by Betsy and Iya with several new pieces. The pieces above are there now, along with several more earrings and necklaces. The pieces below are available by e-mailing me at sulu-design@hotmail.com. For now, that's as close to a shop update as I'm getting.

1 comment:

Shan said...

I hate not having a delete key that moves the cursor forward. My mom has a Mac and that must be my number one complaint about them. BACKSPACE and DELETE are not the same thing!