11.09.2011

Do You Ever Get So Wrapped Up In Something...

that in order to get day-to-day things accomplished, you really have to remind yourself to do them? For example, I often have to write things like "cut fingernails" on my to-do list when I'm super busy with jewelry-making. And every once in a while (a rare while, I swear) we'll eat a box of Trader Joe's Roasted Gorgonzola crackers for dinner because grocery shopping slipped my mind as I was occupied with making jewelry drop-off appointments at boutiques in town. It's been like that a lot these days, as I'm trying really hard to get ahead with all things sulu-design before the holidays.


That's what the daily sulu-design shop updates are all about - I'd like a well-stocked shop when December rolls around (by the way, you should click on that image above to see the etsy listing - there are some close-up shots of that bottom bead, which I'm loving). And that's why I was running all around town yesterday, restocking Union Rose, Soletta, and Betsy & Iya with new pieces. Yes, I'd been to those last two shops just a week or two ago, but I'm happy to report that the special pieces that I make for them have been well-received and they needed more.

Have you started any holiday preparations already? Am I silly for doing things this early? And do you sometimes forget things like grooming and eating?

3 comments:

Shan said...

I have to look away from your blog because I have already bought a pair of your earrings today and now I want to buy two.

You're NOT crazy for getting an early start. It's only 45 days away. I am knitting a sweater and three pairs of mittens so this actually seems late to me!

Maryanne said...

Hey, Suz, what I especially love are all of your names for your earrings. If I decide to quit my day job (ha!) and move to Portland can I become your earring namer assistant? I bet I could come up with some good ones, especially after way too much caffeine. Miss you and can't wait to see you. Love, Fran eater

marissahuber.com said...

Yes! We have "cereal nights" a lot, or find ourselves making dinner at 9:30pm occassionally/often...

Today I actually did things on my to-do list at work, then bought black pants at the Gap and wrote it down just to cross it off my list.

I think your updates are smart, so you can enjoy December more!