9.04.2011

I Hate To See That Evening Sun Go Down*







When I come home from work to find the late day's sun pouring through our windows, throwing long shadows across the apartment, I wish that I could hit pause and let it hang in the same spot for a while before setting. But I have big plans for this evening, big be-productive-with-jewelry plans. And I'm most productive in the jewelry department when the sun isn't out. So I'm enjoying the last hour or two of sunlight in the day, eating a dinner of sliced tomatoes with mozzarella, and then getting down to business.

*Have you ever read any of William Gay's beautiful books? I swiped today's title from one of 'em.

3 comments:

Cheryl Arkison said...

Now I need to look up those books...

I live vicariously through the photos you post of your home. It's how I wish I could live.

Mom said...

Dear Suzy,

Your place looks picture perfect! We've been enjoying the tomatoes and basil from our garden with mozzarella too!

Was never able to get that "The Lost Country" by William Gray for Barry, so will look for his other books in the library.

Have to read "To the End of the Land" for book club this month and haven't started it yet so need to get going.

Anxious to see your latest creations! Love, Mom

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Beautiful light indeed!

Clicked on the Wm Gay link + he's from Hohenwald, TN, just over yonder from my neck of the state.