7.23.2011

Summer Jewelry: Check

Not summer jewelry by me, summer jewelry for me. My cute friend Tyra (remember Tyra from my NYC days?) made this custom necklace for me and I'm loving it. The combination of different metals and chains, the geometric but slightly organic nature of the shape, the bold shininess of it... I love it all. The necklace has quickly become part of my summer uniform.

Other summer jewelry purchases that have become uniform-like include brass and copper bangle-like cuffs from a Rasta man who's been selling jewelry outside of Plan9 Music in Richmond for as long as I've been visiting Barry's family there. And then there's a set of recycled plastic bangles from the Richmond Art Museum gift shop. It's not like I buy a new jewelry wardrobe every summer (or with any regularity, really) but this summer I scored. Maybe some day soon I'll show you the funky pieces I've been working on this summer...

2 comments:

Sonya Philip said...

It reminds me of tribal jewelry and that burnished gold cannot help but be anything other than summer.

Tyra Davis said...

Wow! It's like you were right here in my apartment as I was making it! It fits you perfectly my friend. Thanks for the blog lovin' :-)