7.15.2011

Chasing the Sun

Being in Virginia gave me a taste for some serious sun and heat. Portland's summer has been slow-coming, and the days that feel like summer here are interrupted by overcast days that are, quite frankly, getting me stressed out. I've developed a summer anxiety which I'll post about later (aren't you excited for that one?).

When our "weekend" rolled around and forecasts indicated a significant chance of rain in the Portland area, we decided to take off to find some sun. We headed east of the Cascades to central Oregon with our bikes and a tent. We rode along the Crooked River at Smith Rock State Park, camped at Suttle Lake, and rode more the following day on Phil's Trails in Bend.










We found the sun, we found beautiful views, we found great trails, but heat evaded us. I'm begging for it. Begging.

5 comments:

mjb said...

Few of us in VA spend a whole lot of time out in the heat this time of year! The other night I don't think it even got below 80 overnight. But spring and fall are great.

Sonya Philip said...

I can completely and totally empathize. San Francisco summer is starting to get me down. There was a streak of glorious weather that collectively fooled us into thinking it could actually be sunny in July. Hoping to get away to warmer temperatures at the end of the month.

holly said...

GORGEOUS views and pictures. I love that you guys just get up and go. We're needing a weekend like that :)

traci said...

so lovely. i need some camping sometime soon. and a swimming hole wouldn't hurt either.

Connie said...

I'll give you some heat. We have it in droves.