6.15.2011

Store Fronts and Stoops





The other day Barry and I were in Canoe where I spotted a photography book called Store Front: The Disappearing Face of New York. Several of the images of stores in Queens were taken in our old neighborhood, Astoria. It doesn't seem to me as if store fronts with the funky vintage character like those pictured in the book are disappearing all that quickly in Astoria, but what do I know? It's been a while since we've been Astorians. Anyhow, before we left New York in 2007 I'd taken photos of a few of the shops that were pictured in the book (like this one that I used in an Original Intent post). Seeing the book reminded me that I had some images floating around from my trip to New York this February that either needed to be posted or trashed. So.

I was happy to find that while the sign may have changed, the stripes are still around four years later.

No comments: