4.07.2011

Oh, The Difference a Day (or Two) Makes

My mid-week work weekend fell on two days in which Portland had a couple lengthy breaks from the rain. On day one, I jumped at the chance to take a nice, long run in the gem that is Portland's Forest Park, and it was amazing what it did for my mood. The park is full of flowers now, and the trees are covered in unbelievable shades of moss green. It was just gorgeous and perfectly head-clearing. As a bonus, on my run home in town I found a cool old wooden crate in the garbage... and Barry and I were just lamenting about the lack of good trash here compared to New York. Ha!


Day two included a nice stroll with Barry around our neighborhood. We're excited to see three new establishments in the works - a tavern called Bent Brick by the owner of Park Kitchen will open on NW Marshall, a new Olympic Provisions location will open on NW Thurman in the old Carlyle spot, and a bar called Quimby's will open on (you guessed it) NW Quimby with food carts on its lot.

Things are looking a lot brighter (and a bit drier) today. Onward with the work week...

4 comments:

holly said...

I got my hair done the other day and she was saying how everyone she's seen has been in a weather-related funk. I think this time in spring I just get a bit stir crazy waiting for the sun. On the last couple of sunny days, I've noticed my mood totally elevated. I CANNOT wait for summer!

Mom said...

Looking forward to seeing a picture of the crate! Are you using it for storage, a table???

Have seen some things on the sidewalk when I'm in NY but no way could I get them on the plane and Dad would have a cow! Remember the plant?

Love, Mom

rental elf said...

Nice article, thanks for the information.

angie said...

sounds like spring has sprung in portland! i miss forest park and it's crazy hills. i too, would loose myself in there for hours. i'm glad to hear you've been revived by the sun and a few days off. see you this summer! xx*a