4.21.2011

Hazel Cox

At the Little Winter meet and greet event last November, Alyson was wearing the World's Most Gorgeous Earrings. The following day on the first day of the market, she was wearing a different but equally stunning pair. She told me that both pairs were made by Portland jewelry designer Hazel Cox. Now I'm not generally one to obsessively want stuff but people, I obsessed over Hazel's jewelry for weeks, talking about her earrings non-stop. Barry is sweet and smart - he got me her sailors earrings for Christmas. And several weeks ago, when I was particularly down in the dumps, he came home with a show-stopping surprise - Hazel's serpent necklace made of bronze and waxed linen cord that he picked up at a beautiful shop that recently opened in our 'hood - Oko. I cannot tell you how much enjoyment I get from these two pieces of jewelry, both because they're thoughtful gifts from Barry but also because Hazel's design and craftsmanship are impeccable. If I'm gonna get stuff, this is the kind of stuff I want to get.

4 comments:

Bitterbetty said...

Loved this post. It just made me smile! Go Barry! Yeah Hazel!

lealou said...

UM I got goosebumps when I saw those earrings -- gorgeous!!!! Earrings make me feel better too :)

Cheryl Arkison said...

Those are gorgeous earrings!
I've been told to not engage in retail therapy of jewelry right now. But oh, how I need some therapy!

alyson said...

yes yes yes!! I have that serpent necklace too - amazing right??