2.07.2011

Update, Kinda

Like I mentioned in yesterday's post, I've been feeling pretty lazy about jewelry lately. I've actually been busy working on new designs and getting them to shops here in Portland, but I've felt totally unmotivated to photograph and post my new jewelry designs on-line. My interest in sitting at the computer, uploading and editing photos, typing descriptions of pieces for etsy listings, and preparing blog posts about them has been non-existent. I had to muster up a lot of energy just to get that handful of Original Intent posts together a couple weeks ago. I'm sure my energy for this stuff will return, but for now I'm laying low. Please use your imagination to conjure up images of lots of new things that I've been working on. We can compare notes later.


If you're in Portland, there are plenty of spots where you can find these new sulu-design pieces that are only imaginable elsewhere. Last week I dropped off several new designs at Bonnet and Idom (a few necklaces along the lines of the one I'm wearing in the post below are available there now). Union Rose also got a fresh selection of sulu-design jewlery. And Tender Loving Empire, one of the local shops that made my heart swell in my pre-Christmas post is now carrying sulu-design jewlery, too. I'm psyched to have my pieces in such an awesome shop, especially since it means sulu-design is now available right along side the beautiful jewelry designed by my friend Betsy (a few of the pieces in her new "Origins" line have my name all over them).

Back when I'm feeling it, friends...

7 comments:

Cheryl Arkison said...

Oh, I know that feeling...

angie said...

hey susan,

I love your writing. Even when you're 'not feeling it', you've still got it. I have lots of fantastic ideas roaming in my head for us to compare later :) be well my sweet friend and enjoy some delicious Bohemian Portland fare for me! xx*a

Connie said...

productivity does not have to be measured by blog posts!

Carol Emma said...

I so understand! Selling directly to shops is wonderful instant gratification and is much less work than selling online! I've struggled with this myself for years and could have written the very same post.
It's a real boost to your creativity when great shops are demanding your work, and suddenly doing all the dreary work of listing a few little items online becomes a burden and it saps your energy.
I hope you won't pressure yourself into doing work you don't enjoy. It's counterproductive for a designer to get stuck doing what they think they 'should' do. Just because you've always done something doesn't mean you always have to.

PS.... LOVE the necklace!

kat / Taylor Made designs said...

I've not been feeling it for a long long time :) No worries, I'm sure it will resurface soon enough! Enjoy the beautiful day!

Mariss said...

There can't be productivity highs without these valleys. That's what I'm telling myself ;)

Enjoy your winter, and see you when you (and I!) return.

Happy winter, friend!

betsy said...

Suzy, you're the best. Thank you so much for the sweet words about the line. I really can't wait for one of those to be on your beautiful bod.