2.22.2011

To NYC, A Little Less Lightly






I went to New York City last week with my boss - kinda for work, mostly for fun. I packed more into four days than I thought would be possible: seeing Peter, Jennifer, and Luca (those cheeks, those thighs!), eating a bagel from my favorite spot in Astoria, catching up with my former colleague and friend Marilyn, swinging by Flirt to freshen up their sulu-design stock, hitting a couple Batali spots for dinner, and shopping more in two days than I have in an entire year. And yes, I lugged home lots and lots of beads. Like my last trip to NYC, I came home feeling really content - happy to have made the trip, glad to have lived in New York City long enough that I feel like I can always call it home, and thrilled to be back in Portland with Barry. I'm catching up on lots of things today... I'll be back tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mariss said...

Glad you had a fun trip, and are at peace and enjoying your lifestyle decisions that were such a heartache at one time :)

house on hill road said...

ah, one of my favorite places to visit. and i plan on going this summer on leg one of a two-leg trip. leg two? portland, or!!!!