1.07.2011

Oh, And Happy New Year!




In bed by 10 on New Year's Eve, up before the crack of dawn on New Year's Day, bundled up tight against the cold, cameras in hand. We've developed a New Year's ritual. We'd started a little tradition when we lived in New York that involved getting up really early on New Year's Day to take a long, quiet walk from our place in Queens over the Queensboro Bridge through Times Square and down to lower Manhattan. We continued the practice this year with a walk from our place in northwest Portland over the Burnside Bridge to the Doug Fir for coffee and J & M for breakfast. We took tons of photos along the way. It made me think I might need to get back to doing Original Intent posts. It's been a while.

10 comments:

simplythatsillygirl said...

would love t see more OI. you have such a great eye. the first picture reminds me of a tree grows in brooklyn.

erica said...

I ate at J&M's when I was in Portland in November. So good. And we spent much time (and money) in the Pearl. I thought of you. :-)

laundrygirl said...

You really have a great way of viewing the world. I loved, loved, loved your original intent series. I hope you'll do it again!

Cheryl Arkison said...

You have such a way of gathering perspective in your photos. It's incredible. Happy New Year!

lealou said...

Happy New Year!!

Kathleen said...

happy new year, creative lady. xo

Connie said...

Happy New Year! There have been many new years that I go to bed early. And there is something magical about being awake when everyone else is asleep. It's like you rule the world!

Sonya Philip said...

I heart Original Intent. Happy New Year to you!

sara said...

happy new to you:) and yes it would have been nice to look good in my little girls hairstyle and how good your earrings would be aswell!

amandajean said...

what a wonderful New Year's Day tradition. hurray for more Original Intent!