8.17.2010

Whoops Times Three

I packed up almost all of my jewelry supplies into a backpack yesterday and headed to the park to work on jewelry outside. I love the heat we're experiencing in Portland. I spread out my quilt and worked on jewelry for a good hour or so. The quilt was covered in supplies and new designs. Suddenly, automatic sprinklers (new-to-the-park automatic sprinklers, I think) started squirting me in the face and soaking everything. How I failed to notice the sprinkler head that was one foot from my quilt, I don't know.

Barry's on a solo camping trip in Olympic National Park, so I thought I'd take myself out to dinner and use up the rest of a gift certificate that I have to one of my favorite restaurants in town. Apparently this is a cursed idea. After walking quite a way to the bus stop in pretty extreme heat (this is code for I had visible sweat marks under my boobs), I realized I'd forgotten the gift certificate at home.

Both the bus I took to work and the bus I took from work malfunctioned today and had to stop mid-route. I'll admit I felt a bit heroic when I was able to help get the first bus moving again by dislodging a tree branch that had gotten caught in the back door.

All this is to say that things aren't going as planned here. The one thing that has gone off without a hitch that I'd planned on getting done while I had the place to myself was a sulu-design shop update. Considering my current batting average, I decided to start simple. Really, really simple. A few relistings of popular pieces, a couple new ones . There will be much more to follow in the upcoming days. Click images below or visit the entire shop here.





8 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Actually, this post answers a question I had (+ it's not like I couldn't have asked), and that is if made did multiples of certain designs or if every piece was one of a kind.

lealou said...

Oh geez -- what luck! Had to comment because I put on my pretty silver circle earrings this morning -- *love*

lealou said...

Oh geez -- what luck! Had to comment because I put on my pretty silver circle earrings this morning -- *love*

shy_smiley said...

you handled the day with humor. How do you take such lovely photos of your work?

Scintilla said...

oh, the way way you wrote the story makes me laugh so much...also, feel like i wish i could have picked you up in the car and bought you and drink.

i understand off days though, i am in vegas right now, to me the whole place is an "off universe.

Cheryl Arkison said...

Man, what a day! Good thing quilts are washable. Love that first pair of earrings.

laundrygirl said...

My goodness! You have been through it!
I just wanted you to know I wore your "mom" earrings last night to dinner with a friend...

Connie said...

oh man, not your day. just get all that bad luck out of your system.