8.10.2010

Damn Right It's Tasty

When you have a few six-day work weeks to contend with, you better eat well on your one day off, that's all I gotta say. And eat well we did on Monday at Tasty and Sons, the answer to the brunch question by the owners of much-loved Toro Bravo. We sat at a big, communal table at the front of the restaurant underneath a raised glass garage door that made for a huge, open facade. Yams glazed in maple with cumin got us started. I followed with the steak and eggs... the freaking amazing steak and eggs (although it was neither the steak nor the eggs but the cornmeal pancake with jalapeno butter served underneath the steak and eggs that really did it for me). Barry had the roast beef sandwich with buttermilk-battered onion rings on brioche. We talked about that meal for the rest of our day off together 'cause it was just that good.


5 comments:

Estate by Robin said...

Looks like the meal was a sweet treat for such a hardworking gal. Thank you!

LeeAnn said...

I know what you mean about the potato cake. Last week I made an awesome jalapeno cheddar polenta which I served homemade salsa.

laundrygirl said...

Ok, if I wasn't hungry before I read this - now I'm really hungry! That roast beef sandwich looks SO good!

amandajean said...

you are a girl after my own heart. if you have to work 6 days, you better eat well on your day off. it looks and sounds delicious!

Mom said...

Dear Suzy.

OMG!!!!!!
That meal looks delicious! At a cooking class instructor sprinkled cumin on diced yams and baked them, so good I bought cumin (supposed to be healthy, too.) You know how I love onion rings, could have eaten the page!

Love, Mom