5.10.2010

Time to Make the Donuts

I mentioned that last weekend was going to rock. And it did. We went to the little town of Aurora, Oregon, and made our way through a bunch of antique malls. One's definition of "rocking" changes as one gets older, I guess. We found this old mail sorting desk that I'd love to make my jewelry production table, but that's not in the cards right now.

The one thing I did end up taking home with me were some sweet little donut-shaped beads:


Both pairs are in the sulu-design shop now. Click on photos for direct links to listings.

We're heading out for another out-of-town adventure today. We've both been feeling a strong pull to go on a road trip recently. We've only got a day left in our weekend, but we're going to make it happen, mini-like.

3 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Yes, our rockin' weekend consisted of mowing the entire back + front yards + just getting to spend time together.

That mail sorting rack is really fantastic, I'm so sorry it did not become yours.

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

I have the feeling our ideas of "rocking" match up pretty well. I got all weak-kneed (good think I'm sitting) when I saw your photo of that desk!

Sonya said...

Oohhh! Antique mail sorting desk. I will have to add it to my wish list of unattainably beautiful furniture: hooiser cabinet, tansu cabinet, vintage card catalog, vintage type cabinet. It's a list big on storage.