4.04.2010

One Meal Becomes Three (Thank You, Barry)

Last week was a really long one for me. By the time I came home from work Saturday evening, I was done. Worthless. I was so happy to find that Barry had an amazing meal waiting for me. I couldn't have asked for anything better (food or comfort wise). He made this pork recipe that totally knocked my socks off and served it with a side of Brussels sprouts sauteed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.

The leftovers made the perfect Easter brunch this morning. The tenderloin was delicious cold. We cracked eggs over the leftover Brussels sprouts, sprinkled them with Parmesan cheese, and baked them. Oh, baby - so, so good.


And for dinner tonight, we drizzled the juicy glaze left from the tenderloin over sauteed potatoes and onions. We served them on the side of some of the yummiest sandwiches ever: goat cheese, sauteed leeks, thin apple slices, and freshly ground black pepper on sourdough bread grilled on a panini press. With a drizzle of honey, they were awesome.

I hope that those of you who celebrate Easter had a lovely holiday. Now that it's over, our eating will return to ho-hum, not-so-blog-worthy regularity. But for one twenty-four hour period, the eating here was damn good. I think I'm ready to face the new week.

6 comments:

amy @ switz~art said...

incredible!!
i am such a foodie...i am coming down to your place...right now! haha!

so happy you had a fab weekend, susan!

Sonya said...

You had me at the Brussels sprouts!

Mariss said...

That Barry, what a keeper :)

Sounds delicious! Hope this week is easier for you, and you don't have to take that wretched bus you speak of! Ha!

I also ate a ton of food this Easter weekend. A TON.

Chickenbells said...

Those three meals sound wonderful and nurturing and exciting all wrapped up in one!

wende said...

I'm drooling! Don't you love it when a meal just stretches and stretches? :D

your brother said...

Leftover Brussels sprouts? That's an oxymoron.