4.14.2010

Like Mr. Parker Said

Thanks for your hints yesterday on getting energized. Several of you mentioned exercise as a way to get a jump start. I'm a big believer in the importance of daily physical activity. I actually think it's a change I'd made in my daily workout routine that has me a bit out of sorts. I used to work out every day immediately after work. But several months ago, I began working longer hours at my day job, and going to the gym afterward made my evenings feel too short. So I switched my workouts to the morning. Mornings had always been a really productive time for me in terms of all things sulu, but working out in the morning meant those sulu-related things often got squeezed out. I'm thinking of going back to my old routine, going to the gym after work, and just dealing with less down time in the evenings. Whatever. This is more than you care to know about my daily goings-on, right? This is why some people shouldn't have blogs. So I'll shut up and present you with today's earrings, found here.


As the former principal of the school at which I worked would say every morning over the loud speaker after the day's announcements, "Have a productive day."

10 comments:

Maryanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom said...

Ah Suzy,

You know how I feel about exercise - virtuous after I do it, but no high, can't say more energetic, but after your note will feel guilty if I don't!

Do get to CURVES at least 3 mornings a week, sometimes 4 or 5 times but not because I like it, although usually the music is good!

You are my motivation! Love, Mom

Mariss said...

Please. I love hearing about your days just as much, if not more as seeing your goods.

I'm pretty sure your Mom would agree ;)

I like the afternoon workout because it gets all the thoughts out of my head and angst / stress of the day out :)

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

great earrings!

kelly

p.s. i, personally, find it much more interesting when people write about their personal lives. but that's just me!

Artsy Momma said...

I just started working out full time (I am just getting through my first week) I havent gotten the boost of energy as of yet. Sore muscles. Totally. Energy... with time I hope!

Jamie Watson said...

The quote from the principal really made me smile. It's so annoying, not being in a routine that is perfect for you. You will get there, though!

Jessica Nichols said...

I am another one of those who like the personal details. It is a balance that makes a blog work for me. Maybe now that the time has changed, the evenings won't seem as short as they did before? Just keep experimenting, you'll get a good routine going again.

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

I'm with Mom--I think I get more of a mental boost (virtuous!) from exercise than I do a burst of physical energy. I do my workout in the morning (to get it over with). But maybe what you're missing in not having an evening workout is that release of daily stress, like Mariss said.

Nadia said...

I've been working out in the morning and I've found that that is working well for me. But to each her own, right? :D

amandajean said...

i love hearing about your daily life. :)