4.16.2010

Good Reads

My sister and her husband are raising three amazing kids. The last time I talked to my niece and nephews, the oldest one gets on the phone and says to me, "Aunt Suz, I've got a great book recommendation for you." I love that this was the first thing out of his mouth, totally unprompted. Having taught sixth grade for several years, I've been recommending some of my favorite age-appropriate books to Nicholas, a fifth grader, and now he's returning the favor. In case you're wondering, he highly recommends the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I'll be referencing Andrea's new blog frequently for more good kid-friendly reads to pass on to him, I'm sure.


And on an unrelated note, the sulu-design productivity rolls on. Find the above earrings here. Have an awesome weekend. Maybe I'll see some of you Portlanders here on Sunday.

2 comments:

beki said...

Thanks for the link. Lily is a big time reader and is totally into the Percy Jackson series right now. Now I'll be able to give her some recommendations for summer.

I'm loving your new designs!

shy_smiley said...

I have yet to read the Percy Jackson series, but I'm much interested, not the least because the young man portraying Percy in the movie (which I haven't yet seen either) was so good in 3:10 to Yuma, and Sean Bean is a favorite regardless... My current favorite YA author is Neil Gaiman. The Graveyard Book was loads of fun.