3.31.2010

Date With Myself

Barry had plans with a friend after work, so I made plans to go to one of my favorite restaurants for a burger and beer. After an hour of bus travel (the car's in the shop again), I found that every seat at the restaurant's little bar was full and there was no hope of being seating for the next hour. So I decided to make the long walk home, over the Burnside Bridge.






A pot of homemade spaghetti and meatballs, an extra special bitter brew from Deschutes, and a lame movie from the dollar rental machine at the grocery store (sorry, Mom, I know how much you love Ricky Gervais, but it was lame) made for a cozy night to myself.

10 comments:

AbbieBabble said...

What a lovely evening!

p.s. That last photo? Gorgeous.

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Unfortunately I have an answer to the question: "it's Ricky Gervais, how bad could it be?"

Cheryl Arkison said...

Some days you just live the life I want - solitude, a long walk, yummy dinner, and my own choice of TV watching.

Mom said...

You're right that movie was lame, but I still find him hysterical! Does your library have any of his DVDs from the British "Office"?

Plus he's been on some crazy show that reviews peoples' marriages and he was one of the judges and very funny!

Sonya said...

Gorgeous photos. Also good to know about the movie - won't go out of my way to watch it.

laundrygirl said...

Ooh the clouds!

Mariss said...

That photo off of the roof is insanely wonderful. It has a different feeling than most of your stuff. Probably because I'm noticing the surroundings rather than the graphic ness. Either way, very cool!

Outing your mom...classy :) My mom didn't like it that much, but she did like Hot Tub Time Machine, so don't know if she's trustworthy ;)

shari said...

love these photos so much susan. i also wanted to thank you for the running encouragement. i'm improving, i think. hope i can stick with it. xo

elisvermeulen said...

I loved your photo's and your story. I too like being home alone, it seldom happens so maybe that's why it is good and special.

Trina said...

well despite the full restaurant looks like you had a great day. Spring walks and bike rides are some of my favorite diversions. If you ever need a burger replacement, the burger at savoy on 26th and clinton is pretty wonderful too. especially with bacon and bleu cheese if you're into it. Their fry's are amazing too. now i'm hungry...