2.23.2010

Simple Geometry

Did I mention that a good deal of my time in New York was spent at my three favorite jewelry supply stores? I was so excited to get my hands on supplies that reminded me of some of my personal favorite and most popular designs. The guys below are in the sulu-design shop now with more to follow in a week or so. Click on photos for links to shop listings. If you find a pair that you like has sold, please e-mail me at sulu-design@hotmail.com, send me a conversation through etsy, or leave me a comment here. I'll be restocking the styles as needed.











All of these geometric styles are reminding me of school. Math was one of my favorite subjects to teach, and I especially loved teaching geometry to my sixth grade students. I mention this because my former teaching colleagues and students have been on my mind a lot recently. While in New York, I was lucky enough to meet up with Marilyn, a wonderful teacher friend of mine. And I saw Wendy, a former sixth grade student who presented me with awesome news. She received early acceptance at Oberlin College in Ohio in the fall. I couldn't be more proud.

6 comments:

Cheryl Arkison said...

I can't wait to see what necklaces you produce!
PS Math was not a favourite of mine, but I did enjoy it. Algebra appealed to my anal, symmetrical nature.

lealou said...

Oh my lord these are gorgeous!

Kathleen said...

love that you got to see an old student.
and i love these earrings, too!
beautiful work!

amandajean said...

congrats to your former student, Wendy. and to think that you had a part in that. awesome.

i bet it was so fun to visit some of your favorite jewelry suppliers again. what a treat!

ambika said...

Ooo, I was hoping to see some new, interesting beads from your trip! These don't disappoint. So modern & cool.

Jenna said...

gosh, these are beautiful