1.26.2010

Red as a Poppy

I've been pretty consumed with getting things comfortable at our new place. So consumed, in fact, that I've only worked on jewelry once in the past month. Once. Prior to the move, I was working on jewelry several times a week. But I've been happily busy with other things recently, so I let the jewelry-making slide a bit. This morning, though, I saw something that lit a jewelry-making match under my behind. While reading a blog by a jewelry designer I admire, I clicked a link over to Poppytalk. I read Poppytalk regularly, and I've stopped by the blog recently to cast my votes for my favorite artists, photographers, crafters, etc. in the Poppies. But it wasn't until this morning that I realized some sweet person nominated sulu-design as a favorite in the handmade jewelry category (that hyperlink is a shameless attempt to get you to click over there and... ahem... cast your vote). Sheesh. I was floored. Totally flattered and floored. After I wiped the stunned look off my face, it dawned on me that I need to get back in jewelry-making gear. And with Valentine's Day just around the corner, I figured that getting some red and romantic pieces in the sulu-design shop would be a good place to start:








These pieces are all in the shop now. Click images above to take you there. Remember that for the rest of the month, half of all profits from sulu-design shop sales will be donated to Portland's Mercy Corps and their effort to help victims of the earthquake in Haiti.

Thanks to whomever out there nominated me for the handmade jewelry category, and thanks to all of you for sticking around here. Your visits and comments mean so much to me.

9 comments:

My Love is..... said...

The break really did your creativity well Susan your new pieces are awesome! Hope your new home is all that you are dreaming it is :)

Cheryl Arkison said...

Oh red, how I love thee.

Mariss said...

Voted! Plug away :) Congrats on the nomination!

Jessica Nichols said...

Thank you for directly linking to your category! I have been wondering if you were in there but I was overwhelmed by Jan's tweets about the jewelry category specifically. I'm on my way to vote now! Congrats! Isn't it fun to find that you were nominated? :)

Mom said...

Dear Suzy,

This is soooo great! Forwarding it to everyone and needless to say I voted! Love, Mom

America Blasco said...

susan, this new collection is absolutely rich & beautiful...congrats on the nomination! you have my vote!

Chickenbells said...

WAH! The ear rings I wanted are already sold out. But...I DID vote!

amandajean said...

you totally deserve that nomination! love the red pieces!

Michelle said...

Well, you shouldn't be surprised, your jewelry is beautiful, I am especially digging the chain necklace up there with the leather ring, HOLLAH!