12.28.2009

Warm Heart

I hope you all had a merry Christmas. We arrived back last night from a wonderful visit with my family in Cleveland. For as antsy and crabby as I can act when I'm around them (and they all know exactly what I mean), I love my family to death. To have all of my family members in one place this Christmas was awesome.

Spending time with my nephews and niece was particularly great. They treated us to performances of Christmas classics on the piano, accordion, and trumpet. They amazed us with their knowledge and appreciation for art as we checked out the Gauguin exhibit at the Cleveland Museum of Art. They kicked my butt at Scrabble. And they gave tons of unsolicited hugs.


The fact that their lizard is named after me doesn't hurt either. I think they're the most amazing kids around.

Suzy the Gecko

14 comments:

shy_smiley said...

very nice Christmas. Been thinking about you during our own family insanity (all of it good, but you know what I mean!) and hoping your transitions are smooth. Can't wait to hear about the new place. Congratulations, and Happy New Year!

abby try again said...

What an honor to have a lizard named after you :)
I'm glad you had a good Christmas. Safe travels to you.

holly said...

That's the cutest lizard! how fun :)

Jamie Watson said...

That really tickles me, about Suzy the Gecko. Family is the best. Happy New Year!

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

Accordion--so cool! I would have been begging for lessons. Happiest of holidays to you and the whole family. xo

Chickenbells said...

Oh. What is it with families and the holidays? I often leave my mother's home feeling like I wasn't enough of ME...and then apologizing for it later, only to discover that everyone LOVED the holidays and thought it was the best one yet...perhaps a lot of it is in our heads?

at Hanna said...

Sulu looks very friendly!

6p0115701bf383970c said...

awe, Suzy is cute.
glad you had a good time in cleves. is the museum done yet? and you know, i get antsy around my family too... i just don't know what to do with myself when i'm out of my element. happy new year!

Connie said...

sorry, that last comment was by me... i don't know why my typepad profile doesn't work

Mom said...

Dear Sweet Suzy,

It was so wonderful to have you and Barry here for Christmas and to hear you and Peter & Jennifer laughing and expressing opinions!! The house is so quiet now.

Nicholas, Martin and Mari were thrilled to have you all sleep over and miss you as we do too.

Hope the move goes well and that the snow abates. It's such a pain to load and unload with the snow falling down on everything. Am so excited to see pictures of your new place.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Love, Mom

ilka said...

almost there - happy newyear!

Sarah said...

Sounds like you had a great time! We have a gecko named after my dad. Larry Rich Buttocks is its full name. And it's a girl.

Marilyn said...

Very happy to hear of your great holiday with your family.We wish you a happy and healthy new year. Hope your move is smooth. Don't forget to send me your new address.

Nadia said...

Accordion! That's my kind of Xmas!