11.16.2009

One Thing Leads to Another

Since I don't have the energy this evening to work on my etsy shop, I'm skipping a shop update in favor of an everything else update.


Mornings here have been dark and long, evenings darker and longer. I've been lining up little projects to work on to keep my hands busy during these chilly hours. The first one is now complete: a little pillow made with fabric scraps passed on to me by my boss. It's perfect for chair that Barry or I often occupy in the morning while reading, knitting, or just gazing out the bedroom window.


Speaking of my boss, she took me to a Dr. Marten's warehouse sale last weekend at which I purchased the most perfectly dorky pair of shoes. Me and my ridiculously small feet were able to shop the kids' styles (the ones with the $15 price tags), so I brought home another not-so-dorky pair, too.


Since I'm on the topic of people I work with, it's about time I mention Robin. She's my sweet, stylish coworker who happens to be quite talented with a needle and thread. I stopped by her studio recently and picked up this adorable skirt she'd made from vintage fabric. You can find others like it at her etsy shop.


And speaking of etsy shops, have you checked out Cori's newest one? Several months ago, I had the pleasure of selecting a few pieces from a couple of Cori's sales here in town. I love that little "s" jar and those espresso cups. I haven't brought anything new for the apartment into this place in quite a long time, but I couldn't resist picking up Cori's amazing wares.


Alright, the wind is howling outside and I've gone on for too long. Back to my projects. Stay warm. And let me know what you're doing to pass the cold, dark hours.

12 comments:

Chelsea Rose said...

I am drinking a lot of tea to pass the cold dark nights. Also I am grabbing the umbrella and walking, watching the swirling leaves and puddles grow, trying to appreciate it somehow. Oh and baking. All while wearing fabulous sulu earrings...

Holly said...

Not too long of a post at all... sitting here working and this was a great break! I always love your updates.
Happy Fall!

Jamie Watson said...

So nice to read this! It made me feel cozy and your pillow and shoes are very nice. This wintry weather inspired me to make Martha Stewart's pumpkin spice cake and it is very yummy. I also wrote & mailed a lot of overdue greeting cards. That felt good. I didn't even know that stamps were .44 cents. I thought they were still .42.

Nadia said...

Life up here above the 49th is so dark too! And so wet. It's really November, no?

I love those little shoes! They are so adorable.

What am I doing up here in Vancouver? Knitting (of course!), accordioning, piano lessons, eating milkshakes and bacon... all with the heat cranked up all the way!

My Love is..... said...

Lovely post.... your "other" creativeness rocks...
I am autumn dreaming as the temperatures soar into the 40C's but until then we are filling our days with lots of sun and water.... knocks the kids out nicely for an arvo rest ;)

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

It is blustery here, too. But bright and sunny! I'm not sure I'm still in Michigan.

Love the shoes, and so jealous of your small feet. The coolest vintage shoes I find are never a size 9.

And I love those espresso cups!

amy @ switz~art said...

Like you, I am lining projects up like a mad woman. I detest being bored. Really. Don't. Like. Being. Bored.

Those Docs are so fabulous!!! I love them! And those skirts!!! I added Robin to my faves on Etsy!!! Thanks for the link, chicky!

Cheryl Arkison said...

I lvoe your dorky shoes! I had a similar pair once, but on (then) size 10 feet they looked phenomenally dorky. I gave them away after wearing them once.

Staying warm with tea and snuggles under quilts.

Cheryl Arkison said...

PS In love with your chair. It's on the "eventually" list.

ambika said...

Such a great update--love the pillow, skirt & shoes. I'm terribly behind on my handmade holiday as well & the whole keeping busy thing is conflicting terribly with the whole making things.

Netflix and books fill up the time that isn't spent with friends!

Chickenbells said...

Shoes Shoes Shoes...they're such a wonderfully good thing aren't they? THIS fact is evidenced by my overflowing closet...yes indeed!

amandajean said...

LOVE those shoes! and that SKIRT!!! so so nice.

i've found myself doing a lot of handstitching quilt bindings. knitting socks, which i LOVE. working on an endless crochet blanket (3 years in progress this thanksgiving!) and reading, too. never a shortage of sitting going on 'round here. :)