11.30.2009

Hitting the Ground Running

We got back from a wonderful, relaxing visit with Barry's parents in Richmond a couple days ago, and life has felt pretty crazy ever since. First, there was the E. coli contamination of the water source for the part of Portland in which we live. Cool. Nothing like having to wait 'til you get to work to brush your teeth. Then Barry and I went and made an offer on a loft and proceeded to stress out about everything we could possibly think of in regard to owning our first home. Between twisting my hair and picking at my cuticles (doesn't everyone do that when they're stressed?) I also had to squeeze in some time to work with the new beads I picked up in Richmond. They're so good that I couldn't wait to get my hands on them. And then I heard about cyber Monday. I had no idea that the Monday after Thanksgiving was the day for on-line shopping. So I got swept up in the "news" (which is what often happens when a morning of excessive coffee drinking and npr-listening goes on for too long) and felt the need to update the sulu-design shop, all holiday-ish.





The new styles above are all in the shop now and the styles below have been restocked (click images for links to listings):




I hope those of you in the U.S. had a great Thanksgiving and that each and every one of you are well.

12 comments:

sherri said...

so glad you stopped by the claw! I really do love your jewelry.

Fashion Minute said...

Beautiful as always.

The combination of crow-black and cherry red are the best.

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! An offer???

My Love is..... said...

OMG first home..... really stressful!! But so rewarding in the end!!
I suppose you guess how much I love those green and black flecked beads but Susan the RED...OMG seriously your work is outstanding.

beki said...

Love these, Susan!
Please don't ever look at my cuticles...I pick even when I'm not stressed.

lealou said...

So fun! I love all of these styles! I got my latest pair yesterday and I have to say it's one of my favs! I love them!

Best wishes on the loft!!!

Michelle said...

Weee, home ownership is great! We call ourselves loan owners though, hehehehe

Chickenbells said...

Ohhh...wonderful new goodies!!

AAHHH...I TOTALLY thought of you when I came across this link:

http://mibostudio.co.uk/#/free-advent-calendar/4537002233

AND. They have a free planning calendar. AND they have the MOST wonderful calendar for next year that they send you the PDF's or whatever for only $4.00. And you can print it yourself.

Cause. And I'm just sayin'...it would probably pretty much look insanely smashing in any new digs you may have...and stop chewing your cuticles!

(congrats! And I totally chew my cuticles all the time...so don't sweat it!)

ambika said...

Oh, these are gorgeous.

& congrats and good luck on making your first offer. I am a perpetual cuticle fidgeter (they look really terrible in times of stress) so I sympathize!

Mariss said...

Everything will be fine! Fingers crossed for you though :) (on the offer). Sorry about the E-coli, ugh!!! Keep cozy, my dear :)

buddyzeigler said...

God helps those who help themselves........................................

Erm said...

oh myyyyyy these are sooooo pretty!!! -irum