10.19.2009

Everything Happens for a Reason...

is a load of hogwash in my opinion. I'm too practical and unromantic to think that. Fate shmate. What I do think, though, is that those things that happen to us that are out of our control open up unexpected opportunities for us. There's so much potential in how we react to unforeseen events. So I spent one day wallowing (wallowing is best, I found, when paired with a pitcher of Inversion and an insanely good Reuben at Deschutes Brewery) in the news about our apartment going on the market, and then Barry and I got to work. We've been looking for a new place to call home and talking about things that we probably should have been talking about for a while now. Nothing is settled, we don't know when we'll have to move or where we'll be going, but now I'm feeling far less shaken about having to move than I felt when we first heard the news.

While we've got some big fish to fry right now, I keep thinking about the most ridiculous thing: a week before we found out about our apartment going on the market, I'd ordered a roll of address labels for my sulu-design shipments. A thousand of 'em. All with our current address. What the heck am I going to do with a thousand incorrect address labels once we move? In the interest of using up as many of those bad boys as I can before the address is no longer valid, and in the interest of packing as few things as possible, I'm doing a little clearance of some of my summer earring designs. Instead of listing them in my etsy shop, I'm going to post photos here and offer these styles at $12 a pair. If you're interested in anything you see, e-mail me at sulu-design@hotmail.com (don't leave a comment about them - I don't e-mails from blogger about comments most of the time). I'll e-mail a paypal invoice to you and send the earrings off at the end of the week with no shipping charge. I'm staring with mother of pearl. More to come later this week.

(edit: middle and right pairs sold)

(edit: left pair sold)

(edit: left and middle pair sold)

(edit: two middle pairs sold)

(edit: both pairs sold)

Thanks for your sweet, supportive comments on the last post. You guys are the greatest.

7 comments:

Mariss said...

My mom always said, you can mope for 5 minutes, but then you have to get over it! Sounds like your version is a bit more fun :) Things will work out, and your attitude is spot on.

Can't wait to see what fun and exciting new things come your way...slowly perhaps? After the labels are completed...

Alison Hodges said...

It's kind of funny the kind of things that will just get the better of you - the address labels for example. That would just kill me, even though it really shouldn't be such an enormous deal.

Chickenbells said...

Oh well...honestly? You can only really be in one space in your head for so long before you get bored with it and seek something else, right? I wish you wonderful luck with the move...and I am excited to see where it lands you. I am also a little sad about the shipping labels...but really...You should cross out your name and leave them for the new tenants...giggle! Kidding. ;)

Crystal said...

What a temptation! All of these designs are beautiful!!

Hope the move brings good things!

shari said...

thinking of you susan. i have such a hard time dealing with change so i know how these things can throw you for a loop. when we were in nc, our landlords put our rental house up for sale. we were so sad as we weren't in the market to buy--but--we found a great place a couple of streets away. best of luck. xox

kat @ Taylor Made designs said...

attitude is everything :) Hopefully you'll have more than 30 days to figure out where you have to live.
I bet you use those address labels before you have to leave :) Good luck with the sale!

angie said...

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear you have to move. I'm thinking of you and hoping your new place is a new kind of wonderful. hugs,*a