8.27.2009

Asymmetry Inspired by Licorice, and a Sale

The very first store to sell my jewelry designs is no longer around. It hasn't been for years now. Licorice in Long Island City, Queens, was a cute little shop run by Heather, a part time art teacher. I was reminded of her and of Licorice yesterday morning. As I was getting dressed, I dug through a jewelry box full of pieces I'd made that I haven't worn in years. The one I choose to put on was a long asymmetrical beaded necklace - similar the first necklaces I'd made which Heather sold in her shop years ago. I felt inspired to return to the asymmetrical necklace design again:

These are now in the sulu-design etsy shop (click on the photos above to take you there). There are still a few chain necklaces left in the shop, and I put a bunch earrings on sale, too.

5 comments:

ambika said...

Oh, love these! Hooray for asymmetry!

lealou said...

I REALLY love the last one.... I rarely wear necklaces, but I just might start! This one is so gorgeous.

Marilyn said...

I love the color and textures of these necklaces. You continue to do amazing work>

amandajean said...

they are lovely necklaces..and i love the asymmetry!!!

Robyn said...

Love these, Susan!