8.14.2009

And To All A Good Night

Barry and I got a great night's sleep last night. Wanna know why? That bar across the street from our apartment that had me feeling all curmudgeony this summer has enforced a new policy: no outdoor seating after 11 on weeknights and midnight on weekends. Not bad. Wanna know why there's a new policy? Last night, the owners of the bar agreed to meet with me, Barry, and a group of our neighbors to talk about the noise issue. And guess what? The owners are actually really nice guys. Although I'd called the bar countless times and spoken to bartenders there, the owners weren't aware of the noise problem until the liquor licensing agency to whom I'd sent complaints intervened. They put us in touch with the owners and we were able to get the problem settled in a really informal, friendly way. Gosh. I'm just so pleased with how this all turned out. I'm gonna sleep like a baby tonight. And for the rest of the summer.

Before I wish you all a great weekend, I want to mention a giveaway going on at Trailer Treasure, a super crafty blog written by Erin. Erin is marking her 100th blog post with a giveaway of several items, including a beautiful linen bag that she made, a yummy-looking bar of soap, and a sulu-design gift certificate. Thanks, Erin, for including my designs in your celebration.

Okay, happy weekend all. See you back here on Monday. Sleep tight.

6 comments:

Erin said...

You're welcome! (And thank you, too!)

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

And I don't know if you ever go to this bar, but good community building among neighbors is so important and I'm glad they are nice guys who recognized that.
The saying should be changed to "you don't mess with a person's money, kids, OR SLEEP!"

kait said...

Congratulations! What a satisfying resolution. Sleep well!

bitter betty said...

that is AWESOME.
I love when it works out all- friendly-like.

beki said...

Good for you! Enjoy your sleep :)

amandajean said...

i'm so glad to hear a happy ending to this story. yay!