7.31.2009

Right Now


...Abby's Summer Social shop is open, offering goodies from lasts week's event to those who couldn't make it there in person. A couple sulu-design necklaces and several pairs of earrings are available there, along with great photos, prints, paper goods, linens from amazing Portland-based artists and designers.

...Barry and I are on a morning date, checking out the Quilts of Gee's Bend exhibit at the Elizabeth Leach Gallery before it closes on Saturday.

...I'm looking forward to a weekend filled with good visits: first with my cousin, her husband, and their two sweet daughters who live in Seattle, and then with long-time blog friend, Bethany.

...I am psyched about the drop in temperature in Portland.

...I'm wondering why we don't go to the Living Room Theater more often - Barry and I had a great time there Tuesday night.

...I'm hoping you all have a fabulous weekend. What are you up to?

8 comments:

Chickenbells said...

Breakfast out with a friend and then onto the salon to watch a make-over for her hair...an art opening out of town, and perhaps a lovely meal at my favorite Mexican...the culmination of a home improvement project at Foolsewoode...cleaning THAT up...

pricklypearbloom said...

My only plan is corn on the cob. And I hope to paint.

amandajean said...

oh, i'm so jealous of you getting to see the gee's bend exhibit. enjoy it for me!

laundrygirl said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I saw the Quilts of Gee's bend a few years ago and loved it. It was fun to read the stories that went along with the quilts. Have a good time!

hint said...

Oh you just made me realize that I don't get out enough in Portland. The Living Room Theater is so great, what's stopping me? Thanks for tip on Abbby's.

If you'd like to participate, there is a blog award at Hint for you :)

shari said...

i wish i could have been at the summer social. sounds amazing. glad you had a nice weekend!

sew nancy said...

i would have loved to go to the summer social.
well the weekend has passed but, i did a photo shoot with my cousin and then went out for very good pizza.
also, had some girl time with my daughter and did lots of baking- zucchini bread, blackberry crumb bars, a bit of sewing and knitting.

Mariss said...

Yay! Enjoy all those fun things you have planned. I'm hanging with my folks in Florida and sweating my butt off! Ugh :)