7.27.2009

Hardware That's Easy to Wear

The first of many sulu-design shop updates this week is all about a group of necklaces I made using found bits of hardware and metal. I've been holding on to a few of these little washers and doodads for years now. Inspiration finally struck:


(this one isn't made from old hardware,
but it looked like it wanted to hang out with the others)

Click images above for direct links to listings in my etsy shop. Please note that the pieces I used in these necklaces have some rust and wear to them - that's what made them beautiful to me. I've rubbed them between my fingers and on cloth, and no rust is wearing off of them, so in my book they're good to go.

8 comments:

rifferaff said...

wow, loving these! especially the first one.

Chickenbells said...

These jewels with found objects are completely visually fantastic to look at!!

Pretty Little Pictures said...

These are gorgeous!!

amandajean said...

how fun are those!?!?!

My Love is..... said...

oooohhhhhh Susan... I am totally loving your new range ...your growth as a design floors me...keep up the great work.

Mrs.French said...

I came so close to giving your pretty infinity necklace a home today...must resist...spending hiatuses are unfun. xo t

shari said...

these are so fun. i really like the large rectangle piece.

Michelle said...

oohhhhh, sooo pretty, in a sexy biker chic way, NICE>