6.04.2009

I See a Red Door and I Want It Painted Black

Between finishing up a beautifully devastating book the other night and dealing with a nasty little bout of self-loathing that snuck up on me over the past couple days (don't worry, Mom, you know I'm prone to hyperbole), I've been feeling a bit... dark. I know, it came out of nowhere - one day I'm up on a mountain, giddily cavorting through lovely wild flowers, and the next day I'm down in the dumps. Oh, well. It's the perfect excuse to post photos of a bunch of black earrings that I just added to the sulu-design shop, right? Click on images below for links to shop listings:

I think I see a light at the end of this dark tunnel (sheesh, I'm being melodramatic - trying too hard to work the black theme, I guess). The Pearl District's First Thurday events will be on tonight, and I'm heading over to Bonnet to showcase my jewelry there. Patricia is such a sweet store owner, and there's always a fun buzz in the neighborhood on these summer nights. Stop on by and say hello between 6:30 and 8 if you can - I promise I'll have chippered up by then.

10 comments:

angie said...

hmmm… i wonder if it's those darn planets at work again. i've had some sadness and bleakness sneak up on me out of nowhere the past two days. i hope it clears soon for both of us! lovey new work my dear, way to use the energy. *a

shari said...

everyone needs basic black earrings. these are so nice susan. thinking of you. xo

betsy and iya said...

oooo...the dark is so good, susan. hope to breakaway from the studio tonight and pop over to see you. been meaning to check out Bonnet and your wares there, anyways!

My Love is..... said...

I know those feelings very well. I am loving your black stuff and thanx for the book recommendation.

tarabu said...

the title drew me in - the beauties made me grateful.

Lovely work, as always!

Jess said...

Oh Susan, I wish I could pop over right now. I have had the self-loathing virus lately too. I wonder what it is going around! You did make me chuckle with the mountains comment, so there's that!

Mom said...

Dear Suzy,

It's almost 10:30 pm here but not late enough if you are at Bonnet until 8:00 pm. Will try to stay up late enough to call you.

Hyperbole or not, you know this freaks me out! How did this happen? The pictures from Monday looked so sunny and happy. Are you getting enough sleep? Was it because of reading Road, which now I will have to get immediately.

Dad is in Santa Fe now, trip is a dream come true for him, everything going well.

What can I do for you????? Love, Mom

Sonya said...

Hey Susan, I've been reading and admiring your amazing Italy photos, but not the best commenter. Those earrings are absolutely gorgeous! And a beautifully devastating book is just what I need.

ambika said...

Gorgeous earrings, you totally planted one of the few Stones I like in my head for the morning, and I hope the darkness passes.

amandajean said...

so how did it go?