6.01.2009

Dog Mountain

For the past couple months, I'd been working six days a week to make up for all of the time I took off to go to Italy and Cleveland. Yesterday and today I had my first two-day "weekend" in a while. Barry and I wanted to make the most of it, and make the most of it we did. We went on a gorgeous (and insanely strenuous) hike up Dog Mountain in the Columbia River Gorge. The wild flowers up there were not to be believed. It's feels so good to be so exhausted not from work but from play.

8 comments:

rachel. said...

dog mountain is my favorite hike! congrats on making it to the top. it's definitely worth it.

amandajean said...

gorgeous! my legs hurt just thinking about trekking up that mountain.

traci said...

oh my goodness. that is gorgeous! which we were next door so we could meet you at the top next time for an impromptu picnic.

Mariss said...

Unbelievably gorgeous! The Italians may even be jealous ;)

The earrings are gorgeous too, love the "sulu" colors, especially the black.

Carolyn said...

wow what a gorgeous day!!!

p.s. LOVED all the Italy pics by the way. super!

Philigry said...

stunning pictures! that hike must have felt so good!

c.Rachel said...

Makes me want to sing, "the hills are alive with the sound of muuuu-sic."

Agree, play exhaustion is the best kind.

asphaltandair said...

oh! how you make me dearly miss Portland...