5.18.2009

Putting Our Feet Down, Italian Style


Dealing with my photos from Italy could have been the death of me if I didn't finally put my foot down. I've been struggling for weeks to seriously edit down the number of images I took, to put them in some sort of order, to figure out what is worth sharing here and what would be of interest to only me. I've been overly critical of them as a whole, thinking too hard about the fact that I didn't take gorgeous travel shots and instead have tons of my usual random pictures. Letting this project linger had begun to make it more chore-like than fun, and the last thing I want to do is turn my memories of an amazing trip into a chore, so I finally said enough is enough. What I got has gotta be good enough.


For my upcoming series of Italy photo posts, I'm going to be turning the comment section off. Honestly, friends, I'm tired. I'm still trying to catch up with real life. And to do so, I need some time away from the computer. I hope you're enjoying some time away from it, too - it's nice outside. We should all be out there playing.

10 comments:

betsy and iya said...

Susan, I find this post very refreshing. I, too, have been struggling with the blog lately. I hope that this week is full of rest and peace for you. Looking forward to your pictures.

erinn said...

we all need time away every now and then, don't we. hope yours is wonderful and refreshing.

abby try again said...

go susan! i so feel ya....
can't wait to see all the lovely images....

Mariss said...

Do what you need to do and let go! I can't wait to see the lovely photos of random beautiful crap :)

Chickenbells said...

I can't wait to see the pictures...I totally hear you on the blogging thing. I'm not sure when or why it seems to have taken a back seat (and I'm almost scared to admit that) but there you go. I am loving the idea of looking at your pictures but not having the "pressure" to come up with a witty or coherent comment (cause' I kind of like to do that)

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

a foot!
That's how I take photos- random. I can buy a post card of say...the leaning tower of Piza, but a really cool door knob? Oh wait, that was a storyline in an episode of AbFab.

leya said...

Looking forward to seeing what you saw. Have a fun break, lady.

The Lenarts said...

welcome back. I whole heartedly agree with you. Summer is my favorite as there is less time for computer and tv. I only need to remember to take pictures. At least that is my goal.

amandajean said...

i'm enjoying your photos from your trip!!! seeing things through your camera lens is such a treat.

amisha said...

hi susan! catching up here after traveling as well. and i just nodded during this whole post-- i had the *exact* same reaction to the photos i took while traveling. it's hard. i think i beat myself up a lot and i also wonder, does anyone want to see these pics? though i know i want to see your italy pics so maybe i should relax on myself a bit :) xo