3.25.2009

You Don't Write, You Don't Call

I'm kind of a jerk. My dear mother has finally retired so she's got some free time on her hands. And my parents finally have a home computer. Those of you who click over to my comments know that my mom loves keeping in touch with me through my blog (a three hour time zone difference can make phone calls home more difficult than you'd think). But as soon as my mom got the time to check in here with regularity, I went and took a week off from posting. And honestly, I foresee quiet days ahead here, too. I'm not insanely busy, but I'm enjoying the computer less and less these days. But I gotta give my momma a little something. So, Mom, for you, a photo of a sight I see daily. And since I can't talk to you without mentioning food (I can't talk to anyone without mentioning food), check out this polenta pizza recipe that Barry made for dinner Sunday night. I promise, I'll stop back here soon.

9 comments:

Mom said...

Dear Sweet Suzy,

Just got back from the post office - mailed yours and Barry's Easter Basket box!

Turned on the computer for the first time today - it's a little after noon here so actually I may call you.

Immediately printed the Polenta Pizza Recipe, it sounds delicious except for the Gorgonazola cheese which I will have to make a substitution.

Think I will stop writing now and call!! Love, MOM

ambika said...

While I do miss your posts I can totally understand enjoying computer free time.

amandajean said...

it's always good to see your posts. i love this photo. and i love reading your mom's comments, too. she seems like a sweet lady. (and you are so not kind of a jerk.) enjoy your computer free time.

Chickenbells said...

I am actually having a very hard time sitting in front of the computer and being cohesive myself, so I know what you mean...It looks like it's all forgiven with your mom though...I mean, she sent an Easter Basket Box. I just love those!!

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Sometime last year: the week I took a blog break was the week this area got hit with tornadoes- scared my mom!

Let me just say that if I found out that you were anywhere near the Nashville area and did not contact me I would be upset. You are welcome to come over anytime, but just be forewarned; there might be a few things out of place, we don't perpetually live in a pretty pretty D*S world.

terry said...

I completely understand about the computer - I'm spending less and less time on it too and really loving the"other world". And I just love reading your mom's comments - always so sweet...congrats to her on her retirement!!

This recipe looks amazing! I'll substitute the pancetta for something vegetarian-ish but now I'm hungry and it's not even noon...sigh...

angie said...

okay lady, let's enjoy some time away from the computer together over some coffee and some food! :) I'm almost over that nasty, nasty cold. I think I know how you were feeling a few weeks ago. Hope you are fabulous and full of good energy again! *a

Mariss said...

Tell your mom to start her own blog! :) I'll go comment!

I'm with you on a break from blogging and internetting. Hope to be back soon though! I always enjoy hearing about your life.

Mariss said...

p.S. Your mom is too cute.