3.30.2009

Redo

I have an agreement with all of the shop owners who carry sulu-designs regarding those few pieces that end up lingering in the stores for a while without finding an owner to go home with. I'm more than happy to trade those pieces for new designs to keep a shop's selection fresh. In the past month or so, I've sent orders out to pretty much all of the shops that carry sulu-design (they're listed over there to the right in the sidebar) and have gotten a few pieces back from several shops, too. I'm always curious to see what doesn't sell at each particular location, as some pieces that are really popular in one spot don't go over well in another, and vice versa. I also love getting the unsold earrings back because it often means getting my hands on beads that I no longer have in my stash. I usually end us disassembling the older pieces and making new designs from the parts. All of these are undergoing a remake:


Speaking of redoing things, I did a little housekeeping in the sulu-design shop yesterday. Everything is on sale from now until the end of April. In a little over a week, I'm going out of town for a while, and the sale is my way of encouraging anyone who's thinking about making a purchase from the sulu-design shop to do so before April 6th to avoid having to wait two weeks for pieces to ship.

Spring cleaning, spring vacation, spring sales...
I'm all about the redo theme this time of year.

11 comments:

kat said...

great idea! You are so resourceful and talented. I am sure your etsy store will be sold out :) Enjoy your upcoming spring break!

abby said...

Isn't it funny?
I find that one of the most interesting things...what sells, what doesn't or how one simple change can make something totally "wanted" or the exact opposite.
Weird.
I hope you and Barry have an awesome trip! Can't wait to hear about the many adventures...Happy Monday.

Mom said...

Dear Suzy,

Don't know if "Spring Cleaning" was ever in my repetroire but rest assured I am changing the sheets in your bedroom when you and Barry come to town!

All your new "swap" acquisitions look wonderful in your apartment. You certainly have many talented internet "swappees".

May issue of Bon Appetit came today (not sure if you still get it) but Portland is featured as Drinktown, USA, wonderful breweries and wineries! Hope you are enjoying some of those beverages today and having a great day off!

Light coating of snow here but the daffodils are trying to poke up and will bloom soon. Love, Mom

Beulah Sorensen said...

Thank you for the sweet birthday comments! Excited about the sale!

amandajean said...

i'm so sad for those earrings that they are going to be disassembled. (is that weird?) but it's a great idea to re-vamp them.

i'm all about a redo this time of year, too. as long as it doesn't involve bathrooms. i'm so over that! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
betsy and iya said...

You're so smart. I also really like the picture of all your designs thrown together. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

c.Rachel said...

I'm a sucker for sales! Plus the earrings I've had my eyes on were still waiting for me.

Have a great vacation!

Chickenbells said...

Oh yes, it's so lovely to do the switch around isn't it?

Philigry said...

love the shot of all the earrings! have a great trip.

sue said...

徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿