3.11.2009

Mr. Sun

I babysat my way through my teens. Back then, one of my favorite families introduced me to the music of Raffi, and I'm not embarrassed to admit (okay... I'm a little embarrassed) that I loved it when the kids asked to listen to one of his tapes. I used to sing along with Raffi louder than the kids would. Singable Songs for the Very Young rocks, people. Any album that proclaims to be "great with a peanut butter sandwich" on its cover is cool with me. One of Raffi's songs has been going through my head recently, every time the sun peeks out. So in honor of Raffi and his hit "Mr. Sun" (it doesn't start until 1:03 in and goes to 2:23 in this link- the Raffi selections on youtube are limited... who would have guessed?) I've been working with yellow:

a few sun-inspired earrings (images are links to listings)
and a newly stocked sulu-design sale section, too

Come on Spring, I know you're there.

13 comments:

Philigry said...

oh, the yellow is beautiful! so bright and cheery!
I have never heard of raffi...i may have to check that out.

white^rabbit said...

Beautiful!
And thanks for making me laugh this morning thinking about Raffi...
I love "Borriquito Como Tu" but no luck finding online.
(What's up with that?)
I guess I'm in good company w/Mr. Sun.

kat @ Taylor Made designs said...

yellow is so happy and sunny.
Let's hope spring really does arrive soon :) Lovely earrings as always!

Chickenbells said...

Oh...these are soooo cheery! I am seriously finding myself attracted to yellow this season...and I have no idea why!

Nadia said...

Now who's rockin'?

Funky Finds said...

so bright & summery...love!

Mariss said...

You cheery cutie-o! I LOVE Raffi. In fact, that was my first "real" concert. My parents took us, and we sat on red velvet seats in a sea of excited children and parents, with tube socks rolled down to my ankles.

I love Baby Beluga!

The earrings are fantastic. I love the rainbow colors :)

c.Rachel said...

I just bought a yellow trench this morning. I think your yellow earrings planted a seed. =)

Yes, lets lure Spring out! Show her how friendly we can be.

Mom said...

Suzy,

My first exposure to Raffi was when you found the DVD for the grandkidsand we played it. I am with Marissa - Baby Beluga still goes through my head on occasion. I try to get the kids to watch it now but guess they are a little too old! Love, Mom

Cheryl A said...

That song has been on repeat here for weeks. Great inspiration!

amandajean said...

i'm sooooooooooooooo ready for spring! i love the yellow earrings.

Robyn said...

these
are
beautiful!

sue said...

徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務