2.21.2009

When The Cat's Away

Barry is out of town on an overnight trip to compete in a mountain bike race in Echo, Oregon.


I didn't shower when I got home from my run this evening.
I had a huge chunk of bread and half a container of hummus for dinner.
I've been catching up on blog reading for several hours now, sipping wine as I do.
I've got a day of painting and carving and print-making planned for tomorrow.
A bagel will make an appearance in there at some point.


I also spent a bit of time this evening doing some shop work. I added more items to the sale section and restocked this sulu-design favorite. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, friends. I know I will.

Oh... please pardon the random photos. Barry has borrowed my camera for his trip (the boy collects cameras, but not a single one is digital), so now seemed like the perfect time to work on clearing out some folders. These shots didn't make the Original Intent cut.

14 comments:

Nadia said...

Love the monochromatic scheme!

house on hill road said...

funny! i have the same thing here. fatty is gone. i ate pasta with olive oil and garlic for dinner on friday, yesterday i just spent sewing and printing with the gocco and then dinner out and coraline with the girls. today it's more of the same - i predict i will be in p.j.'s until at least noon. enjoy your sunday!

Mariss said...

Mike was here last night, and I still "misbehaved" by eating...get this: cherry pop-tarts and a bowl of ice cream! for dinner. Egads!

Off to redeem myself with stovetop oatmeal.

Hope Barry does well at his race, and you find some good bagels. Yum. Can't wait to see what you make :)

c.Rachel said...

Painting, carving and print making...oh my! Excited to see what you worked on.

Wende said...

This makes me giggle--because IZ rarely travels but when he does, I sleep in the MIDDLE of the bed where I belong! :D

ambika said...

So funny, when Ben's gone, it's all about marathons of Turner Classic Movies--or music playing the entire night.

& given that he's the cook in the house, my eating habits sound about the same as yours.

Michelle said...

wow, sounds like you really live it up while the boy is away! Sounds familiar, when o is out of town...lots of Chinese take out, girly movies and....pjs all.day.long.

amandajean said...

sounds like a wonderful time! i hope barry did well on his race.

LOVE the random photos. :)

Philigry said...

oh, that does sounds like a great couple of days! I hope it was fun.

Fine Little Day said...

Sounds so nice, catching up, sipping wine.
I think I have to pour up a glass of port :)

Chickenbells said...

I hope you enjoyed your time alone...Rich just left for a week, and when he gets back...I will be going camping for 3 days myself...lot's of time alone!

Erin Lang Norris said...

this post reminded me of myself in so many ways! i had to chuckle a few times...it pretty much is dead on with what i do when joe is away, camera situation and all!

Knitsonya said...

I love eating hummus straight from the tub. Yum.

Little Gray Pixel said...

"I had a huge chunk of bread and half a container of hummus for dinner."

I can't tell you how many times I've done this. Wandered over to your blog from Abby's, and I'm a fast fan!