2.09.2009

Valentines

I don't share in the cynical sentiment that a lot of people seem to have about Valentine's Day. I'm actually pretty fond of the day. I've never approached it, though, as a romantic holiday, but more of a day to tell people who I love how special they are to me. I have fond memories of opening Valentine's Day cards and small gifts from my mom on Valentine's Day mornings before school. And I've always liked sending little notes to my sweet nephews and niece on Valentine's Day. This year I decided to make them.

Along with a watercolor postcard, I sent each of them a little set of blank postcards, a few colored pencils, and a strip of postcard stamps, hoping I get at least one note in the mail myself from each of them one day soon.


By the way, thanks for the television series suggestions. Barry and I have our work cut out for us. And on a totally unrelated note, I've put a handful of pieces in the sulu-design etsy shop on sale to make room for some soon-to-be-added designs. A happy week to you all.

11 comments:

mia said...

Josh and I have a homemade-only Valentine's day gift policy, they are always the best even if they are usually just bakery.

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I guess I've always felt that Valentines was pressured. Poor guys, the expectations. Our ann. is on the 17th so we bypass Valentines.

Your cards are fun!

shari said...

so cute. love the love bug. xo

kat @ Taylor Made designs said...

you are a great aunt. If my kids received something like this, they would be over the moon :) I hope they write to you soon.

Mariss said...

World's Greatest Aunt, now aren't you?! How adorable, they'll love it. Kids love getting mail!

You should address and self stamp a few to yourselves. Ha haha!

Sidenote: I'm with you on Valentine's Day. My mom always got us fun toys and pink & purple candies. I like to celebrate it like you -- with fun stuff for friends and family :) Cupcakes or cookies mandatory!

abby said...

aw!
those are really cute.

Wende said...

I've been bumping into more people who don't "do" Valentines--makes me sad. I get that it's interpreted for "lovers" but we've always celebrated it for everyone. So, I'm glad to see you like it as well. A kindred spirit. :D

Chickenbells said...

I usually don't share the cynical feeling about Valentine's Day either...but this year? I'm not feeling the cupid love I normally do...but I have some very special things planned just for my own heart, so perhaps that will jump start the love...

Knitsonya said...

I'm all about Valentine's as not solely a day of romantic love, but all spectrums. Love the postcards with the stamps!

amandajean said...

oh, i LOVE your handmade valentines! they are adorable. and if your niece and nephews are anything like my kids, they will LOVE getting mail from their aunt.

sue said...

感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人