10.23.2008

Post-Birthday Post

Thank you, friends, for your sweet birthday wishes yesterday. I had a fabulous day, the kind that brings good tears to one's eyes. A leisurely two hour stroll, started before sun-up, camera in hand. Time spent in a cafe, reading cards from loved ones far away. A wonderful day at work, thanks to my amazing boss and coworkers, with cake, champagne, and gifts. A delicious dinner. And a knock-your-socks-off dessert, panna cotta with bourbon drenched dates, prepared by Barry himself.
Speaking of the mister, I'm all excited because he's been posting to his found photos blog again. The other day, his box of old photo treasures came out, and I've been admiring them, strewn across our desk, each so delicate and carefully chosen. Take note: that's probably the only time you'll hear me say I love anything in the state of being strewn. But it's true. His pairing of these stunning old photos with text from great authors blows me away.


While we're talking about photos, can I say how happy I am that Abby has opened a shop in which she's selling her beautiful images? And how lucky I am to be the recipient of one of them? (Those would be my knees and mid-sentence hand down there... how cool is that?) Thanks, Abby for the perfect birthday surprise, and best of luck with the shop.

Have a terrific day, friends. You all helped to make mine very special.

12 comments:

terrygraziano said...

So glad you had a good day and were celebrated appropriately! Wow, Barry's pairings are incredible!! Love them and makes me rethink that old box of tintypes I have that I haven't looked at in oh-so-long.

How fantastic that you are in that photo!! It is my favorite one of Abby's and I had just ordered it, so it's really nice to know who's doing all that talking!

amandajean said...

i'm so glad to hear that your birthday was so enjoyable. that photo from Abby is delightful! and i'm glad to hear that the people around you are spoiling you!!! you deserve it.

barry's found photo blog...awesome.

mia said...

oh hey! happy birthday! or rather happy day after your birthday. :)

abby said...

oh girl, you are too nice!
i really do hope that you had a great day.
that barry-what a catch!

holly said...

I love that Barry made you a special dessert - he is such a great husband! Happy Birthday week (you gotta milk this for at least a week)!

rachel. said...

i've google reader-ed barry, too!

Mom said...

Dear Suzy,

Only your "strewn" could look neatly arranged! You have to see my desk to have an accurate rendering of "strewn" but that is on my agenda for tomorrow - to get it back in shape for your homecoming!

Am anxiously awaiting where you went for your birthday dinner and of course the menu! Once again, I will live vicariously! Hope it was delicious.

Barry's photos with the quotes awesome as always! Love forever, Mom

Beulah Sorensen said...

I'm glad to hear you had such a good day. Hope you have a wonderful year.

porter hovey said...

Ohhh! The old photo shop just looks fabulous!!

shari said...

i'm so happy you had a beautiful birthday. i, of course, had to order the same print you received. two of my favorite blog friends! how could i resist? looking forward to visiting barry's site. hope your weekend has been wonderful. xox

gracia said...

Belated Birthday cheer I send your way... hooray to you!

Chickenbells said...

Phoey! I missed your birthday...well, a very happy late birthday to you!!