10.17.2008

Path: Car and a Nod to Jamie

Five days a week, my path to work takes me past many sights that I'd love to photograph, but I often by-pass them because I'm in the car, and I'm usually running late. This particular scene has been on my photo radar for a while. I'm really digging the vintage car's green paint job with that backdrop of yellow autumn leaves. And the grid of lines on the road didn't hurt. Y'all know I love geometric references. I finally snapped the shot yesterday in order to wrap up a week of paths (or at least my three-fifths version of it), hosted by the fabulous Shari.

While taking the photo, I couldn't help but think of Jamie, who takes some cool photos of rockin' cars in her neighborhood. She also leaves really sweet comments here. Thanks for the inspiration, Jamie. And happy weekend to you all.

7 comments:

Jamie Watson said...

Oh my gosh, I am blushing and smiling. Thank you, Susan. And I love that green car. (-:

hey said...

What a beautiful, fall picture. I just want to jump in that car, go for a drive with the windows down and the heat up!
Happy Friday!

Artsy Momma said...

God I LOVE vintage cars. It is my life's mission to own a vintage/retro car sometime in my life time (that and to own chickens *smile*)

shari said...

i love everything about this photo. happy weekend susan. xoxo

Erin said...

Very colourful photo...reminds me of a car my parents had when I was growing up.

Chickenbells said...

Oh how wonderful! I love the idea of paths, and I am so sorry that I haven't been able to check in here...but without the Mac, it's been hard. Luckily Rich is on the phone right now talking economics so I have time to pirate the computer!!!

amandajean said...

I can not tell you how happy I am to see this fabulous photograph of this car. I've been walking and carrying my camera....and I see so many old vehicles I would photograph, but I sit and wonder just how YOU would photograph them. you've got a fantastic way with capturing things on camera.