8.20.2008

When It Rains it Pours

And I'm not complaining one bit. We finally got a break from a pretty nasty heat wave here in Portland with a couple days of moody, romantic rain (at least that's what I'm calling it now... get back to me on what I think of the rain come February).
Some figurative pouring has been happening, too. I've been a bit harried trying to get lots of sulu-design orders filled. As of this week, Thea's Interiors, a cute new vintage shop in the Pearl, is carrying sulu-design pieces. SITE in Astoria, Queens has been restocked with new sulu-design earrings and necklaces. And Liebling in Malmo, Sweden, should be receiving a huge shipment of sulu-earrings any day now. I've been working with a few new beads recently which will make their debut there:

So, in the span of five days, over one hundred sulu-design earrings and necklaces have made their way out my door. I've got blisters, folks. I've also been busily making more new pieces to keep my stock fresh since I'll be participating in a trunk show Olio United on Saturday, August 30, in celebration of their one year anniversary. I'd love it if you stopped by...
What it all comes down to is simply: I'm tired. I guess I could have spit that out a paragraph or so ago, but you know how I like to meander a bit before getting to the point. I'm really stinkin' tired. Good tired, but tired nonetheless. So I'm taking the next few days as computer-free rest time. Minimal e-mailing, no posting, no adding to the etsy shop. I'll check in with you all soon. Until them, get some good sleep. I know I will - I love to sleep while it rains.

22 comments:

rachel. said...

i can't wait to stop into a store in astoria or new york and see your earrings! i think i might call you when i do :)

Dog Gone said...

I love Thea's. Bought a few things at the art walk this month. And she (the owner) is a lovely person. Congrats on adding new places to sell your pieces!
And I'm astounded to say this after complaining in May, but I'm loving the rain. Happy rain!

pricklypearbloom said...

Oh girl, I'm tired too. I totally understand. :)

Jamie Watson said...

Oh wow, good work Susan! What an accomplishment. It is so cool your beautiful earrings are going to Sweden! Something about those icy blue ones remind me of Sweden. Also, I am jealous of your rain. It never rains in California.

Tangerine Dreams said...

That's so awesome! Congratulations Sweetie! Of course your works moving like hotcakes. So gorgeous...

Knitsonya said...

Have a lovely break - you deserve it. Can you believe that one of my readers saw your photo on my blog and lives in Malmo, she knew Liebling. Small bloggy wolrd!

ambika said...

Congrats on filling *so* many orders! Very, very cool if also very tiring ;)

Chickenbells said...

Oh...those look as if they were inspired by falling water...

house on hill road said...

enjoy some down time! you deserve it after all that hard and beautiful work!

Le Owner said...

The browns and blues are so pretty! Congrats on being so busy...Looking forward to our new package @ SITE

holly said...

busy little bee...i know you love it though! and although you claim to be sleeping, i am sure you are keeping yourself busy with something else... probably another marathon or some other epic project. i am dying to know - where did you guys go for breakfast for your anniversary??

shy_smiley said...

love how your designs reflect your mood and your environment. And me, I'm tired too. Hoping for good sleep myself.

angie said...

good for you lady! Love your new work. I'm about to embark on a similar jewelry making frenzy… albeit a little smaller. I'm aiming for 30. Rest well. Rainy nights are my favorite sleeping nights too. As for Feb., well I suggest taking a vacation to Mexico then;) I'll see you at Olio! *a

gracia said...

Rest up, sleep well, and come back full of beans...

The Lenart's said...

I love the rain. I would pick the rain compared to sunny day. Unless it is fall. Then I like sunny days.
I've been tired for the past week, spending time on the couch while Andy is putting Enzo to bed. Sweet.

melissa f. said...

oh lordy, i'm loving those blues. so nice.

amandajean said...

one hundred pairs out the door this week? you are amazing! no wonder you have blisters!!! I hope you are getting some good (and well deserved, I might add) rest.

I like the colors that you have paired together. they are so so good.

futuregirl said...

I love the blue/brown combos in the pictures. So nice!

Patty said...

Susan , I LOVE these new beads? Will they be available in your etsy shop pretty soon???
take care.

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

RAIN! RAIN! RAIN! down south too. And I second the motion for recooperation, last week was a drain. Rest up + take care.

sara said...

I love my new sulus!!!

Mrs.French said...

rest deary...however, these are stunning...worth the pain!