8.18.2008

Two Birds (A Pigeon Included) with One Stone

Two anniversaries have rounded the corner this week: it's now been a full year since Barry and I have called Portland home (more on that in future posts), and today we celebrate our seventh wedding anniversary. I'm not gonna get all mushy about him here, but if you're a regular reader you know that Barry is my best friend and I am so happy to be married to such a wonderful guy who is truly my perfect partner. And if you know the two of us, you also know lots of good eating is central to any celebration we'd endorse. So we're headed out for breakfast now, and tonight we'll be at one of our favorite Portland restaurants, Le Pigeon. Let the eating begin! Also in honor of both anniversaries, I just put half of the items in the sulu-design shop on sale. Nothing says happy anniversary like a pair of earrings at 20% off, right?
And on another note, thanks to those of you who passed along birthday wishes to my mom. She wasn't able to read them herself as she was out of the office and my parents don't have a computer at home. Let's not even get into the fact that they still use a couple rotary phones at their house... Anyhow, my dad went into his office and printed them out for her, and she was quite touched. Today, she's in the hospital having surgery and she'll be home in recovery for several weeks following. She told me that she was going to ask if there was a computer she could use at the hospital to post a response to your nice comments. How cute is that? I wish her a speedy recovery, and wish you all a wonderful week, friends.

26 comments:

Jamie Watson said...

A very happy anniversary to you two! It's so nice to read about love sometimes.

Will be thinking the best for your Mom too. Cheers Susan.

ambika said...

Happy, HAPPY anniversary! Enjoy your fabulous meals :D!

ambika said...

Happy, HAPPY anniversary! Enjoy your fabulous meals :D!

ambika said...

Oops, sorry about the double post. A bit exuberant for anniversaries, I guess.

Knitsonya said...

Happy double anniversary to you. And wishing you mom a speedy recovery!

holly said...

Happy Anniversary to the greatest couple! Hope you have nice, puffy bellies all day long. Where did you go for breakfast?
And - wishing your Mom a speedy and relaxing recovery. I hope that she gets your blogs delivered to her daily - I know how much I enjoy reading your blogs every day, and would especially enjoy it while laid up. Have a great week!

amandajean said...

Happy one year in Portland, and also, Happy Anniversary to you and
Barry!

my husband and I went out for breakfast as part of our anniversary celebration at a little hole in the wall cafe in a very small town. it was called the boondocks cafe. (if you don't believe me, I have photos to prove it.) it was wonderful, as breakfast out for us, alone nonetheless is quite rare!

lealou said...

happy celebrations!!!

abby said...

Happy Day! I am so glad to have you in my life and I am honored to call you a friend. May you and Barry celebrate 70 more years together!!!

Chickenbells said...

Oh, happy anniversary! It's so nice to know that true love exists out there...and it eats good food!

Robyn said...

Happy Anniversary, Susan! And I'll be thinking about your mom.

casey said...

Wishing you a happy anniversary (and lots of good eats--great way to celebrate! :)!!!

house on hill road said...

7!!!! Isn't it great being married to your best friend?
I still remember the bowling shoe photo from 2(!!!) years ago.
Speedy recovery to your mom.

andrea (scout.) said...

happiest of anniversaries to you and b.! i hope le pigeon is marvelous (i heartily suggest the cornbread bacon maple ice cream thingie), and that your mama has a speedy recovery. will be thinking about all three of you this week...

shari said...

yes! happy anniversaries. how was dinner? i hope things go well for your mom. hugs.

Michelle said...

Well, happy anniversary! I wish i could be in Portland to properly congratulate you with wine and cheese and...doghnuts? maybe some steak?...well those are my favorite things, we seem to be alike in a lot of ways. Also, if it is one year you have moved to Portland, then it is almost one year that we moved to Atlanta! crazy!

pricklypearbloom said...

Happy anniversary!

Tyra said...

Happy Anniversary! It's inspiring to hear how you guys are keeping love alive. Here's to many more years together.

Wende said...

Happy Anniversary, Susan. :D 7 years is spectacular!!

(I hope you make it out to the coast sometime, we'd love to see you!!)

futuregirl said...

I love my tech-challenged parents, too. Just last week my husband's father said, "Have you heard of Flickr?" He was so excited. It's so sweet and such a role reversal.

Best wishes to your Mother for a speedy recovery!

Connie said...

wow! really? a year already in portland? i can hardly believe that the time has passed so quickly. but i know you're happy there! and congrats to you and Barry too.

carolyn said...

oh your mom is adorable! best wishes for a speedy recovery!

and hello, how have you been in portland A YEAR already???? srlsy, that time has flown.

congrats, dude.

maritza said...

Double happy anniversary to you and Barry!!! And wishing your mom all the best and a super-speedy recovery.

Dog Gone said...

Happy Anniversary to you for both anniversaries- grand days for sure and to dine at Le Pigeon, a fav of mine, just wonderful! Am happy for you for all.

And yes, a quick recovery to your mother and belated birthday wishes!

april said...

Happy anniversary guys!

amisha said...

happy belated anniversary! i hope it was a wonderful day.
and your mama is in my thoughts (and a happy belated b-day to her!). i hope her recovery is quick!
xox