8.10.2008

Squeezing the Heck out of Summer

My dad called on Friday to make sure I was alright. "Suz, no post for two days. Is everything okay?" Actually, I've been having myself a grand old time this summer, squeezing in as much fun as the weeks will allow, which hasn't left me with much posting time on the computer. This past week, I stepped away from the blog (for two whole days) to:
meet the adorable Sonya in person
almost meet jewelry design queen Mollie in person (a misunderstood address foiled my plan)
hike to a gorgeous lake hidden away on Mount Hood for a dip in the water
restock earrings at Tumbleweed and Folly
have the best First Thursday experience yet, seeing shows by Angie (the cutest, friendliest gal you could ever want to meet), Evan, and Elizabeth

detail of Angie's awesome encaustic and thread work

cheer riders on at the Twilight Criterium
eat wood-fired oven bagels at the Portland Farmer's Market
rediscover a recipe for simple spring rolls and purchase ingredients for them at Pacific Market
eat tasty Vietnamese sandwiches next door
And today starts my weekend-of-sorts. Must squeeze in more summer fun. Hope you all are enjoying yours!

edit: Barry wondered how I could forget to mention that this week we finally indulged in our first Pine State biscuits. Must be in a food coma...

15 comments:

Julie Owsik Ackerman said...

Oh, is that all you've been doing? That's quite a schedule. I LOVE that green photo below this post. Glad to hear you're enjoying summer. I am too. Surfing almost every day, and actually surfing now, as in catching waves, standing on the board surfing. Miraculous. Love, Jewel

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

My mom does the same thing.

Amy said...

Oh man those biscuits look wonderful!

My Love is..... said...

wow... what a blissful life you are having...thanx for sharing.

traci said...

this is one serious two-days off. makes me think it might be time for another trip west.

sandra said...

can you tell us the name of the lake on mt. hood? i live in portland too and would love to check it out.

was the water actually warm enough to swim in? i'm amazed -- i'm used to glacial run-off!

beki said...

That sounds all, so, so good!

Chickenbells said...

It sounds like you've been squeezing all the fun right out...OH...I went to the Grand Canyon last week and saw one of the prints of the postcards that you and Barry collect of state parks and I thought I would nab one and send it to you in your package (which should be arriving THIS week...hopefully...I know, it's about time!!) but I could only find the prints for sale...sigh. I will check again when we're up there, as I think we may be doing more canyon hiking runs in the near future!!

shari said...

wish i could join you for some of this fun. love the link to angie's work. xoxo

Knitsonya said...

You're adorable!

dash said...

hey susan! still on my extended vacation. I'm sorry we didn't meet up too, but at least we have the internet...I love seeing your portland pics even more, now that I've visited your city.

amisha said...

your summer sounds so good... exactly as a summer should be! and if you're not in a food coma, you're not having fun :)
i love hearing about your portland adventures, too. i would love to visit that city one day... it's been on our list for ages!
xox

amandajean said...

wow, you've been busy! I am on a mission to try to squeeze every last bit out of summer, too. these last few weeks before school starts up sure fly by.

Mariss said...

Squeeze it out girl, then put it in the microwave and squeeze some more. You NW people got a late start on the summer too, with all that cold weather, right? Enjoy!!!

Oh, and your Dad references always make me smile.

Dog Gone said...

It is SO hard to sit in front of a computer to post when the NW has these glorious days of summer. So much to see, do, taste and savor!
Enjoy! Talk soon!